Monday 17 March 2014

Reverting myself to Nazareth where Annuciation took place...

Leonardo da Vinci: Annunciation” http://www.truelove.org/ucbooks/Historical_Christ/index.htm

Reflecting on the second Joyful Mystery compels me to take a step backward. Since this is March, with the Feast of Annuciation round the corner, I thought I'll ponder a bit on the first Joyuful Mystery, and once again I'll make a mental tour to the Holy Land, to remember the time I was there.
 Just yesterday, I heard a story about Zacchaeus - It goes like this. Sometime after meeting Jesus, whenever Zacchaeus felt tensed or anxious with the daily monotony of life, he used to sneak out of the house.By the time he returns after his long nocturnal outings, he would look happy,calm and serene!  His wife becoming suspicious, followed him one night , and found him standing beneath the sycamore tree with his arms around the trunk of the tree. When his wife asked him why he was doing that, he replied, "This is where Love found me". 
Like Zacchaeus, I too need to return to those moments when I too was blessed to make a short tour around the Holy places where all the great events in the Holy Bible were incarnated.....! 
So today let me go to the place where the Annunciation took place.
Before that I'll post a few snaps from my album to help my memory .

First,  the Greek Orthodox Church with Mary's Well


  

  



No comments:

Post a Comment