Friday 28 February 2014

Ignatian Retreat!

Found this beautiful version of the classic prayer of St Ignatius, "Soul of Christ" .
And that inspires me to take an online Ignatian Retreat.
Found two excellent sites.
First one is  http://www.prayerwindows.com/ . Here you get to do the retreat with paintings. Very creative, indeed! Here is the first painting , and the instructions are in the site, the URL given above:

THE WORD, THE WORLD AND THE GETHSEMANE
THE WORD, THE WORLD AND THE GETHSEMANE
PHASE 1
Second one is http://www.setonshrine.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=71&Itemid=76

It is here that I found the Prayer. Let me copy paste it here.
Lord God, I want to be aware of your loving presence in my life.
Soul of Christ
Jesus, may all that is you flow into me.
May your body and blood
Be my food and drink.
May your passion and death
Be my strength and life.
Jesus, with you by my side
Enough has been given.
May the shelter I seek
Be the shadow of your cross.
Let me not run from the love
Which you offer,
But hold me safe from the forces of evil.
On each of my dyings
Shed your life and your love.
Keep calling me until that day comes when,
With your saints,
I may praise you forever.
Amen.


Also there is an Act of Contrition by St. Francis Xavier, posted in their site:
PRAYER

Francis Xavier's Act of Contrition
My God, I love you above all things
and I hate and detest with my whole soul
the sins by which I have offended you,
because they are displeasing in your sight,
who are supremely good and worthy to be loved.
I acknowledge that I should love you
with a love beyond all others,
and that I should try to prove this love to you.
I consider you in my mind as infinitely greater
than everything in the world,
no matter how precious or beautiful.
I therefore firmly and irrevocably resolve
never to consent to offend you
or do anything that may displease your sovereign goodness
and place me in danger of falling from your holy grace,
in which I am fully determined
to persevere to my dying breath. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment