Wednesday 14 August 2013

Erase Your Negative Thoughts


http://freebiblestudiesonline.wordpress.com/2013/02/15/meditation-moments-46/









 The fascinating title of today's Spiritdaily.com is what captured my heart. How meaningful it sounds, and yeah a bit poetic too. 'GOD HEARS THOSE WHO HAVE LOWERED THEMSELVES AND LUBRICATES THE WAY FOR MIRACLES'

And I fell for the last lines of that article by Michael H.Brown:

When you encounter a person you want to dislike, step back, erase your negative thoughts, and replace them with understanding. If you encounter a person who is slow, exercise patience. If someone insults you, pray for that person. You could be his salvation! And only with prayer do some negative thoughts stop bothering us. It’s like God is prompting us to pray for a person through the very aggravation the person has caused!
-- Michael H. Brown

Let me just conclude this with a prayer for humility. I quote Isaac Watt's hymn here:
Psalm 131

Humility and submission.

Is there ambition in my heart?.
Search, gracious God, and see;
Or do I act a haughty part?
Lord, I appeal to thee.

I charge my thoughts, be humble still,
And all my carriage mild,
Content, my Father, with thy will,
And quiet as a child.

The patient soul, the lowly mind,
Shall have a large reward:
Let saints in sorrow lie resigned,
And trust a faithful Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment