Thursday 17 July 2014

From the 'Spiritual Diary' of Elizabeth Kindelmann

                               https://deaconjohnspace.wordpress.com/2013/08/

While I was kneeled thus, my soul filled a profound repentance and gratitude towards Him. I was
waiting for his words more than ever! After a long moment, at last I broke the silence : You are glad, oh my Jesus, of all these devout souls who came to You ?
JC.- "Yes, He sadly answered, but as they are so in a hurry, it doesn’t give Me enough time to give them my
graces". I understood Him, and how I would have wanted to console Him! "Oh, gentle Jesus, I live for You, I die for You. I am yours for the whole eternity". In the meantime, I was looking for a way to be able to console Him in his profound sadness. I remembered this little bird which, according to the legend, wanted to withdraw the thorns from the Sacred Head of Christ. While it did its utmost to succeed in doing it, its chest took on the tinge of the red Precious Blood of the Lord. I stayed there a long time. I began to be cold. I wanted to take leave of Him to go home. Then, in the bottom of my heart I heard his imploring voice :

JC.- "Don’t go away immediately ! I remained in my place. After a short moment, I heard a
sweet voice in the silence of my soul :

....
THE FIRST HOLY HOUR, SEE TO IT
THAT WE BECOME MANY
As I was alone in the immense church, I bowed myself at the feet of the Lord as never before, and I asked Him : We are only both of us ?
JC. - "Alas !" I heard his sad voice in the bottom of my heart.
JC.- "See to it that we become many"
There was no words to express the gratitude and searchings of the heart that dropped out of my soul towards the Lord.
Oh, gentle Saviour! Nobody knows better than You how
much I went forward warily until, by your graces, reaching
to You. Lord, now that You have taken away the external
carapace of my soul, I am feeling that the abundance of your
Grace is suffusing me.

...........

The year 1961 went by in the very middle of these conversations, that at this very moment I did not set down in writing. I began to write only when the Lord gave me the order. When the beloved Saviour gets into a brief conversation with me, I write it word for word. During Holy Hours, it often happens that the ideas come directly in my subconscience, and after I feel unable to express it. In one occasion, I thanked Him to have assured me of an eternal refuge.
JC.-"Assure me, you too, my little carmelite, an eternal
refuge ! You feel, don’t you, how much both of us belong
one another? May your love never grow less !"

One time, He asked me to do each Monday an evening
of prayers in favour of sacerdotal souls who are in Purgatory.

No comments:

Post a Comment